Fantasy Football owners have been on a ride this year. Injuries, sleepers, and egos, oh my!
Fantasy Football Week 7 Trends:
Running Backs – There were a few surprises and a couple of old stars emerging from last week’s game play.
- Reggie Bush – Injury will sideline this top fantasy point earner for the next few weeks so adjust your lineup and look for either Deuce or even Thomas as possible back-ups.
- Dominic Rhodes – With Addai out, the veteran showed some life again and should be a good play until Joseph’s return.
- Titans – I’m not sure where to begin with this combo, but they are both productive so take your pick. If your in a carry league then Johnson maybe the way to go, but if your in a TD league then White is the right play, and this trend should carry the rest of the year.
- Steven Jackson – Looks like those legs still have some life. He was running upright and giving the Rams new found swagger I would say he is going to be on the uptrend the rest of the year.
- Sammy Morris – It’s still hard to jump on the band wagon here given the Pats unlimited talent in the backfield, but Sammy looks strong with each carry and should continue to get the bulk of the work.
Wide Receivers – A couple of injuries help to emerge a few new names this week so let’s see if we can keep up.
- Donnie Avery – The Rams found this target 5 times with one being a TD. He should continue to get see regular looks and has 3 catches or more in past 4 games.
- Josh Morgan – Getting the start in place of injured Bryant Johnson, this rookies made the most of it haling in 5 catches and one TD. If Johnson is going to continue to be out then Morgan will be a great fantasy pickup.
- Derrick Mason – This veteran has been very consistent this year despite not having a great offense. He has averaged over 5 catches per game for the entire season and have 6 in each of the last two contest.
- Andre Johnson – Starting to look like his old self again, and hopefully with the Texans offense starting to move a little, his fantasy value should continue to increase throughout the season as they get more comfortable.
- Dwayne Bowe – Has average over 5 catches per week for the season and continues to be one of the most solid fantasy plays despite the Chiefs having the worst ranked offense in the league.
Quarterbacks – Some newcomers are starting to make their mark.
- Matt Cassel – The backup is starting to look more like a starter and having thrown for 3 TDs puts him amont the best for the week. If he starts to get more comfortable in there his numbers could look similiar to Brady.
- Jeff Garcia – Mr Chip on his shoulder still plays with a lot of heart and his talent is certainly not arguable. If he continues to start without injury, he will be a great weekly play.
- Trent Edwards – Mr Consistent didn’t throw a pick again this week and continues to be a solid play. His confidence is growing which means so will his fantasy value.
- Joe Flacco – It’s not pretty, but he is getting the job done. Not sure how much his value is going to go up, but he is getting better each week and if that continues then he could be a good bye week play against a soft defense.
- Jay Cutler – The finger looks to be a concern and if he continues to perform like he did then I would bench him. Keep an update on his status if he is in your lineup as there may be some other options that will work better this week.