After looking at the good passer match-ups for fantasy football in week 6, we jump right into the wide receivers to see where which ones could be the best for this week. The match-ups in Dallas and Denver look good, but there are a couple of other options that will be helpful for fantasy owners. Here are the week 6 First and Five wide receivers to starts.
Top wide receiver starts for week 6.
- Justin Blackmon – Yes, it’s only been one game, but he currently has the highest average yards per game in the NFL and he is going against the team that gives up the most passing yards in the NFL per game. They are going to be down, by a lot, so they will have to throw the ball and yes both Cecil Shorts and Blackmon and good plays at the receiver position, but Blackmon is their deep threat and he should get more chances to make big plays. Given that he could see 150 yards and 2 touchdown this week.
- Pierre Garcon – He has one of the best match-up this week going against Dallas. They have given up the second most passing yards and the most passing touchdowns in the league. Garcon ranks in the top 15 in the NFL in targets and leads the team in both yards per game and receptions. He is their go-to receiver and should be able to make plays against this soft pass defense. Look for him to put up around 110 yards with at least 1 touchdown.
- Steve Smith – This is the week that he breaks out again. He is number two on the team in targets, behind Olsen the tight-end, but this week he will finally get some wiggle room and get some good yards. He playing against a soft Vikings pass defense that gives up well over 300 yards per game. They have given up double digit touchdowns through the air this season and Smith will be looking to get into the end-zone this week for sure. Best case for him could be 100 yards and 1 touchdown.
- Reggie Wayne – He leads the team in both targets and yards and this week they are facing a team that gives up over 300 yards per game. They have given up double digit touchdowns and the 5th most first downs by the air. The game is on Monday so look for Wayne to come out and make an impact as big players always do when the spot light is on. He could easily go for 90 yards and 1 touchdown on Monday.
- Vincent Jackson – He should have a nice game in week 6 while playing against the team that have given up the 3rd most receptions on the year. The Eagles have a tough time stopping anyone in the air so look for Jackson to get open early and often. He should be able to produce well even with the young QB in the mix. A decent outlook for him could be 10 catches with 90 yards and 1 touchdown.