Before the balls start flying in week 7 let’s take a look at who should be among the top fantasy receivers for week 7. All eyes will be in Indy as the Colts hosts the Broncos at the return home for Peyton, but that might not be the fantasy match-up of the week, although it could be close. There is one other game that could produce even more fantasy points. The following players would be the First and Five top fantasy receivers for week 7 and could make the difference this week for fantasy teams.
Top fantasy receiver for week 7 based on match-up.
- Desean Jackson – He’s got a great match-up this week playing at home. He is going against one of the worst passing defenses in the league. They are tied for the most passing touchdowns in the NFL this year, the 3rd most passing yards, and the 4th highest passing attempts per game. Both teams can’t stop the ball so they will continue to score, which means there will be a ton of fantasy points to go around and Jackson is best suited to have a big game as they will take some shots down field at him. Look for him to have a 100 yard game, plus a touchdown, and maybe 9 catches.
Five other fantasy receivers that should be among the top producers for week 7.
- Dez Bryant – Sticking with that same game, the Eagles can’t stop anyone either. It’s going to be a good game for Dez as he should continue his breakout season and put up big numbers. This week that could easily be over 100 yards and 1 touchdown.
- Keenan Allen – He has a great match-up this week and should be a must start WR2 in all leagues. He is going to have a nice game playing against the team that is also tied for the most passing touchdowns and he is playing at home with a QB that can throw the ball down the field. Expect Allen to have another 100 yard game with at least 1 touchdown.
- Justin Blackmon – He should have a nice game today. He would be a good WR1 this week as he is playing against the team that has the highest percentage of completions in the NFL. Teams complete more passes against the Chargers than any other team and Blackmon is their main target. They will be behind in this game so the ball will continue to go in the air. He is a great start this week.
- TY Hilton – Look for the Colts to put the ball into the air. They will need to throw the ball to keep up with the Broncos and expect them to key in on Wayne to make sure he doesn’t get going. With that said, the Broncos have the worst pass defense in the league so they will get the ball down-field so expect Hilton to have a huge game. He is second on the team in receptions and passing yards, but leads in average yards per catch and is tied with the most passing touchdowns.
- Victor Cruz – He is going to have a nice game this week and could have 100 yard game with at least 8 catches and maybe 1 touchdown. He is playing against one of the worst pass defenses in the league and he is playing at home. The Vikings have given up the 4th most passing yards, and the second most passing touchdowns. Cruz is their main target so he should get plenty of opportunities to make plays. He would be a good WR1 option this week.
Some bonus plays at wide receiver this week for deeper leagues.
- Josh Gordon – He should have a good game playing against one of the lower pass defenses and they may need to throw ball if they are down.
- Stevie Johnson – He has been out for the past week or so, but he should be able to get it going this week and have a nice game. This is a good match-up and he is looking to redeem himself.
- Mike Wallace – This could be the week that he gets his fantasy game on again. He is going against a team that gives up a lot of passing touchdowns and he is their man down-field. Expect him to get into the end-zone this week.