There were some great performances in week 8 and some awesome finishes. The Lions by far pulled off the best one with the quick call to the line acting like they were going to spike only to have Stafford dive into the end-zone for the game-winning touchdown with only seconds left on the clock. That was great, and the performance by Calvin Johnson in that game was epic. He put up fantasy numbers that were off the chart and really helped the teams that had him. He led the way in week 8 Going Yard with over 300 receiving yards on the day and was the top game changer in this week.
Top fantasy performers for week 8.
- Calvin Johnson – He was epic with 329 yards on 14 catches and had 1 touchdown. This is why he gets drafted in the first round.
- Marvin Jones – How many people had him in the lineup? He had 4 touchdowns on the day along with 122 receiving yards.
- Andy Dalton – The Red Rocket fired some direct hits in week 8. He posted 325 passing yards with 5 touchdowns. I don’t think that many expected this type of performance, but I’m sure those that did play him were very happy.
- Drew Brees – He can do this at the drop of a dime. He posted 5 more touchdowns with another 300 plus passing day. This is what he does.
- Matthew Stafford – He passed for 488 yards with 1 touchdown, but also had the game-winning rushing touchdown with a few seconds left on the clock. He had a huge day and nice win at home.
- Zac Stacy – 134 yards rushing on 26 carries for him in the Monday night loss may have taken it’s toll. It went out of the game late into the second half and didn’t return. He is going for x-rays so more news will come on his status. He looked great running against a tough defense and really made some nice cuts inside.
- Andre Ellington – He took advantage of the extra work and featured back status with Mendenhall out and ran for 154 yards on 15 carries with 1 touchdown. He did have one big run, but even taking that away and he still average really good yards and was really productive. He should see more work going forward.
- Darren McFadden – With two rushing touchdowns on the day, many fantasy owners were very happy to see him back into the mix. He did 24 carries on the day, but only ran for 73 yards on a tough run defense.
- Jordy Nelson – He caught 2 touchdowns from Rodgers in week 8 and racked up 123 receiving yards on 7 catches. He is the go-to guy right now in that town so it’s good to have him in the lineup.